Saturday, May 23, 2009

Farewell

I have lost the plot.
Which I chalked out once on a green board
I have lost the plot
which i discussed with myself on those silent nights

When i look up at the ceiling
and stare at the flaking paint that reveals
the naked bricks and cement
the light dims.

The aged filament bulb now glows orange
and shadows painted the mood of the room
the clatter of the noisy fan
occasionally spoils the dead silence

Forge a reason, demand an answer
swivel like a top on a village tar road
that spins out of its axis and topples over itself
It is just a matter of time

I know, that I could be wrong
And the wind blows in affirmation
shut the windows
pull down the blinds.

I reached out for the switch
paused and looked up at the bulb
and flicked the switch off
As it made contact with a little click
The after image of the filament lingers
It is time to sleep my friend.
Farewell.


*a post from my old blog :]*

No comments: